Over the last quarter we received:
- 117 responses to our questionnaire
- 94% of responses were from White British respondents
- 50% of respondents had their baby during 2021
- 57% of respondents giving feedback for their first birth experience
- 40% of respondents received Midwife Led Care
Key focus areas
Continuity of care
As in quarter 1, this focus area is important for service users. Being able to build up a relationship and rapport with the care provider is crucial for peoples experience. This is most important during the antenatal and postnatal period. Continuity of care is mentioned less when talking about labour and birth.
During Q2 infant feeding support and in particular breastfeeding support came through and was mentioned by % of respondents. Those who received support from the lactation consultant at SaTH or the breastfeeding facilitators with Health Visiting were mainly positive about their experience but there are many women who feel adequate support from trained professionals was not readily available or accessible.